A new study has been published which analyses data released last year by the French national radiation assessment bureau (ANFR) following the ‘Phonegate’ scandal in France.
‘Phonegate’ revealed that mobile phones tested in laboratories are not tested next to the head or body and are held between 5 and 25 millimeters away. When the same mobile phones are held on the ear or in proximity to the body (e.g.: in a pocket) as in a real-life situation, the amount of radiation absorbed by the body exceeds international safety limits.
This new study finds that some phone models can emit 11 times over the US FCC safety limit and 3 times over European/ICNIRP safety limits.
The analysis of over 450 mobile phone models was carried out by Professor Om Gandhi who stated “My analysis confirms that currently marketed cell phones could exceed US FCC limits by as high as 11 times the 2-decade old allowable U.S. limits”
Read more about the study and the background of Phonegate here.
1. Keep your phone at a distance whenever possible; text rather than talk or use the speaker function.
2. Swap out a wired headset for an AirTube headset when talking or listening to music on your phone.
3. Turn your mobile phone onto Airplane mode or power off completely when not in use – particularly at night.
4. Avoid using your phone when there is a weak signal. Radiation levels could be higher when your phone is trying to find a signal.
5. Consider an anti-radiation case to protect you for those times when talking on your phone or carrying your phone on your body is unavoidable. Discover the range of SafeSleeve anti-radiation cases for mobile phones.
Your mobile phone model will carry a notification within the phone settings or the owner manual advising how that specific phone was tested and at what distance from the body it stays within the current safety limits.
For example, for an iPhone this can be found by going to Settings > General > About > Legal > RF Exposure.
|If you’re looking for a thoughtful, stylish and practical gift this Mother’s Day look no further than a SafeSleeve mobile phone case.
SafeSleeve anti-radiation phone cases protect the user from radiation emitted from the phone as well as protecting the phone itself from scratches, drops and spills. The cases also contain RFID-protected credit card slots and are available in a range of colours to suit every taste. Starting at only $69.99 they make the perfect gift for a loved one.
Order your SafeSleeve phone case today and enjoy FREE SHIPPING* until midnight Saturday, May 10. Enter discount code MOTHER at the checkout which will deduct the $9.95 shipping fee.
*Free shipping applies to Australian orders only, for standard parcel post. Only on purchases of SafeSleeve phone cases. Can’t be used in conjunction with any other offer.